Tuesday, May 14

My big girl!

*The birthday girl is stirring, so I'll make this quick:  Happy Birthday, Rosina!  You are an awesome kid.  We will try to make it to storytime at the library, but we'll at least get to a playground, and hopefully mini-donuts at Sola (maybe just a coffee for me!).  Tonight there will be Rosina brand meatballs, and froyo with a candle in it.

*Finished The Twelve.  It actually ends on a happy note, and manages to avoid any ridiculous cliffhangers while still moving the action forward--which is impressive for the second part of a trilogy.  Catching Fire or The Empire Strikes Back, anyone?  I think I'll read some more Precious Ramotswe next--it's nice to alternate something lighthearted with this dark, heavy stuff.  I've also been wanting to read Silas Marner...

*Speaking of literary classics, the gang behind The Lizzie Bennet Diaries has just started a new YouTube series based on Jane Austen's unfinished novel Sanditon.  And Gigi will probably be a main character!  I don't think I've read any of the completions...maybe I should take a look soon.

*Bellydance last night:  whoo.  We're doing these twisting hip drops that are a real glute workout.  This should be a fun one!  Like last session, this choreography has a beginner group and a veteran group, with the veterans doing a more-advanced version of the dance after the beginners go.

*The knitting has really gone to the wayside over the past week or so, with my tearing through two long books and the sewing and painting.  I need to get back to my gift project!


2 comments:

Cathy said...

Rosina is so stylin' in her sunglasses!

Jennifer said...

I love them! I hope she doesn't lose them too quickly...