Thursday, May 30

My name is Ernie

*I tried a neutral henna treatment on my hair on Friday (the gray is becoming harder to ignore, and I wanted to try a non-color treatment first).  Mud, all over my bathroom.  I think it would be doable if somebody did it for me, but I know now that I can't do it myself without making a horrible mess.  I can't use regular hair dyes (they give me a rash), and my salon has a new color wash treatment which doesn't have as many irritants, but it probably costs $100 or more and is semi-permanent.  I may have to just go gray gracefully...

*Made granola yesterday.  The first batch is pretty burned, and is edible to me but not to Mark, so I have it in a separate container.  Poor me, having to eat burned granola.  I'm sure this qualifies as a first-world problem.

*TV-related musings:
1. Though she is still annoying, I don't hate Edith as much as before, and I totally think she should marry that Sir Anthony guy.
2. Arrested Development!  We're only a few episodes into the new season.  Tobias, OK?!
3. Catching up on Hulu.  All my favorite shows are having some potentially shark-jumping moments.  Without giving anything away, on show C, X should totally accept the offer, whatever happens with Y.  I am growing tired of the villain on show B--and I think next season will probably be their last.  And show N had X and Y get together after only two seasons!  Eh, these days I'm watching that for S anyway...

*We are trying to get Rosina to say her name.  Yesterday when we asked her name, she said "Ernie".  Also, she got a water table from my parents for her birthday, and she managed to climb into it while I wasn't watching her like a hawk (I was right there next to her--she was pretty quick!).  We may need to get a kiddie pool.

*I am almost done with my gift project!  FINALLY.  I think I'm going to frog the orange sweater I knit last fall (it is HUGE) and knit a short-sleeved February Fitted.

No comments: