*Target: exchanged some birthday gifts (duplicates and sizing), bought a bunch of cards (including a sympathy card for my great-aunt's wife--her mother passed away last week, after a stroke last year. Ugh, why do sympathy cards suck so bad?! I need to pick up some nice blank floral stationery so I'll always have a decent sympathy card on hand) and some clothes for a baby gift (baby's not due for three months, but I felt like shopping--hope I won't regret that!).
*New canine has finally erupted! Maybe Rosina will chill out now. For three days she refused to drink any milk. She relented yesterday when I caved and gave her some Carnation. If we have to wean her off chocolate milk, with one cup in the morning that gradually gets less chocolatey, so be it.
*Currently in the crockpot: red beans! I am making chili tonight and was out of beans. What an exciting post this is! Um, in other news, my skin has been bad again with the high humidity, so I'm trying the oil-cleansing method again to see if it will make a difference. I did it for a while in the fall, and it did actually work for me, but I stopped because it takes a lot longer than just using face wash. If it will help curb these breakouts, I'm willing to invest the time.
*I figured out how to do a cold wash! I just need to fill up the washer on the rinse cycle, then switch it to a wash cycle (in this case, medium-soil gentle cycle). Mark was planning to take another look at the machine tonight--he thinks it's just a clogged valve or something--but this should at least tide us over until it's fixed. He has a hair appointment tonight and an Eagle Scout presentation to judge tomorrow, so it might not be addressed until the weekend.
*Our teacher was out last night at bellydance, and one of her advanced students was already coming to work with the beginners, so we were on our own to learn some of the choreography. It's really not all that much, honestly, but a few things need clarification. Unfortunately it'll be two weeks before our next class! We have a video to work with, so I think I'll just do the best I can to learn from that, and be ready to correct/change things when we meet next.
No comments:
Post a Comment