Wednesday, May 8

Post-diluvian adventures

*I had already decided to let myself sleep in on Tuesday morning, and then it took me forever to fall asleep anyway--and this morning I got caught up in this New York Times Magazine article Mark sent me in February, so I didn't post again this morning. At least it gives me a chance to use the newly-updated Blogger app. Ooh, I can even use italics?!  Nicely done.

*And here's the new photo function in action:

Those are actual vintage 1973 homemade overalls. Mark's mother made them for him. In this shot you can't see the awesome rainbow buttons or the little heart patch on the chest. The snaps on the legs all work great, and the cotton is even soft!  This was a pleasant surprise. 

*As you may have guessed from the long sleeves, we are still having March weather in May. Especially considering  the ridiculous downpour on Monday, it's been very nice the last two days. I played out on the porch with Rosina a bit ago, and we've had the French doors open. I suppose we should enjoy this while it lasts. 

*Speaking of the crazy rain on Monday, look who was waiting to greet me on the back door Monday night:


That is an actual frog, whose body is about the size of my thumb--and he was actually yellow!  I have never seen any amphibians here, and I wonder where the hell he came from. There is a creek nearby (the normally-dry storm drain in our yard feeds into it), but this little guy was pretty far from home. I hope an owl didn't get him!

*Watched the second Miracle Day DVD. I'm still into it, despite the decided non-Torchwoodiness, but the big mid-series reveal is honestly kind of anticlimactic--maybe I saw it coming, I dunno. And 60% through, they still haven't revealed the series Big Bad. I mean, they must be aliens, or something transdimensional--surely they're not Silurians, though that would be an interesting twist. Anyway, I'm hanging on, but wish RTD would give me more to work with!

*Crafty news:  Rosina got an animal-themed paint-you-own-Matryoshka for Christmas, so I figured I would paint it and wrap it for her birthday. I shouldn't have mixed the colors so dark, and the rabbit is nearly unrecognizable because its ears are too widely spaced, but I think she'll enjoy it. We'll just have to hide the smallest piece for a while--it is way too all not to be a choking hazard!

*Our choreography this session is to this song. It will be stuck in my head for the next six weeks. You're welcome!


2 comments:

Cathy said...

That frog is crazy! And Rosina is rocking the vintage look. Those are too cute.

Jennifer said...

Mark was really impressed by the overalls. Less so by the frog!