*Been doing some baby-shower shopping, WAY ahead of time. Rosina doesn't need any clothes, so I have to buy for someone... And why is it that almost everybody I know is having girls (so far)? Definitely something in the water.
*The Count on Sesame Street is still entertaining. Is it the laugh? The obsession with numbers? The organ skills? The cape? Beats me, but he is awesome.
*I felt gross yesterday morning (oh, and I think I'm having hot flashes again--that can't be good), so I ran errands last night while Mark was at his Eagle Scout review meeting. Rosina was being super sweet to everybody, which was awesome because I had to make three stops (plus get gas).
*In other cute Rosina news, back in April my mother had been trying to teach Rosina to hold up two fingers when you asked how old she was. She couldn't really do it, but just kind of crossed her fingers. Yesterday while I was changing her, she started crossing her fingers and saying "Two!" in a very proud voice. She's definitely showing an interest in numbers and letters now, which is great. It would be nice if she would actually say her name...
*Getting some things done: sent out a few cards, synced my phone (and finally created and uploaded a bellydance/Bollywood playlist, minus the one song I can't find at the moment), and am currently uploading photos to Rosina's site! I'm sure Mark will have more to add, but it's almost June already and I'm tired of waiting for him to upload his April photos!
*Watched the final episodes of Miracle Day this morning--two of the better episodes. I still don't like how all the exposition was squeezed into short bursts, and there's kind of an annoying plot twist in the story's climax, but it was still entertaining. (The weird animated story in the Special Features, on the other hand, was not, despite Eliza Dushku's voice work. Speaking of actors I like, I didn't mention before that I was stoked to see Nana Visitor and John de Lancie in supporting parts--the latter was particularly great.)
*Trying to get back on the stick about eating better (good days alternate between pretty bad ones, it seems!), while at the same time trying to practice what I preach about body acceptance. Learning to love your body with all its idiosyncrasies and trying to eat/live healthier are not mutually exclusive! And I suppose if I have issue with the fat acceptance movement, it's that for me personally, I know I would feel better physically if I were in better shape, so I don't accept it! And then I'm too hard on myself when I Consume Mass Quantities. But I guess the point is that it's nobody else's business, and that we shouldn't judge people about it (there are a whole lot more reasonable things to judge people about than what they put in their mouth!). I keep trying to tell myself it's all about the journey, and that a day of healthy eating and movement is an accomplishment in itself.
1 comment:
I LOOOVED the Count when I was little! Really little, like Rosina's age. Which is funny, because I was typically very afraid of anything the least bit "scary." We had a set of Sesame Street character magnets, and my parents had to buy a whole second set just to get another Count, because the first one fell apart from me carrying it everywhere.
More recently I was watching the Count on an old episode (yay Netflix!), and it was so interesting. It occurred to me that if you don't know what a vampire is, or that bats are supposed to be scary -- and why would you, at 2, or recognize the Bela Lugosi accent for that matter -- the Count is really an infectiously joyful character. He's such a nice bright color, and very high-contrast, and he looks so happy, and he clearly *is* so happy all the time! All his "spooky" trappings depend on cultural reference points that toddlers don't have. So I still find him awesome, as well, and fully understand why I thought so at 2!
Post a Comment