* That's my dance name: Jumaana bint Kasha (Kasha being my teacher's name). I went with this, meaning "silver pearl", because picking the name that meant "queen of the universe" seemed a bit boastful. I suppose if I ever start rapping, I'd have to pick that one... The recital went well, and I was only in one dance because there were a lot of solos this time around. Rosina had a great time, as usual. She does this hilarious and adorable dance that I think is inspired by my practicing bellydance and Bollywood steps in front of her. I have to get it on video!
* I am glad to see that my vitriol toward Seth MacFarlane's performance last night has been seconded and thirded by like, everyone. Apparently there were terrible things to spare. I'm also glad that The Onion has disowned the truly horrible tweet made about that sweet little girl. I assume someone's lost a job over that...
* Apparently I know all the words to "Burning Love", which is definitely more embarrassing than knowing the words to "Suspicious Minds", a much better song... We caught some commercial for an Elvis DVD collection the other day, and I remembered that he was only 33 when he made the Comeback Special. That a 33-year-old would need to make a comeback from anything is so bizarre. I was also reminded of how I think leather pants look sexy. I doubt they are sexy at all in practice. I had a pleather pair in college (bought on clearance!), and they did not breathe at all--and were "surface wash only". Gross, but they were pretty cute...
* New project: a stole for my sister-in-law Suzie. I decided a while back that I wanted to give a big project to a woman in my family about once a year, and it's her turn. (I am definitely a process knitter, and I really don't need any more shawls!) I picked something with an easily memorizable pattern so I could carry on conversation while working on it, but not so easy that I'd get bored with it too quickly. I have about nine weeks to finish...and I hope she likes pink!
*There's something weird going on with my neck again, and I have this odd sore spot on my side that I think is radiating from my shoulder blade. I have a voucher from my favorite massage therapist (Uzima Springs--look them up, they are fabulous), but you have to wait a while to get a weekend appointment. I also have a spafinder.com gift card, which will get me most of the way to a massage, so maybe I should use that first. Oh, my first-world problems! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment