Saturday, February 9

It rubs the lotion on its skin

*Searching online for a recipe for DIY chest rub (which I learned is as simple as a carrier oil and a few drops of eucalyptus and lavender), I was stunned, as usual, by the insane amount of anti-scientific bullshit out there under the guise of being "natural" and "organic". It's amazing how people who are afraid that petroleum is going to leach into their skin (sorry, it can't), and won't take antibiotics even when they're needed (and don't get me started on the anti-vax assholes), have no problem ascribing magical properties to "natural" oils and applying (or ingesting!) them with no qualms. Sorry, putting peppermint oil on your feet will NOT fix your cold. And coconut oil is great, but it does not cure cancer. Grrrr...

*Had a nice lunch with my cousins and attempted to go prom dress shopping. There aren't all that many dresses out yet, and my cousin recently had a big growth spurt (tall and busty and a size four--tough life, hmm?), so she didn't find anything today. There are some pretty hideous things out there!

*Did a (tiny) bit of extreme couponing today--$5 Gud coupon plus Gud sale = free vanilla body spray! I didn't get some enormous rush or anything, though. :)

*Made reservations for Valentine's Day. We normally don't go out, but our local Aladdin's has a prix fixe that night. Yay! Now I just have to figure out what to get for Mark. (We only ever do small things--last year Mark got me locally-made chocolate, which was pretty fantastic.)

*One more horn to go, and the monster is done! I did want to sew on some extras...

2 comments:

Nik said...

I once got 60 dollars worth of food for 30 bucks. I was excited, but haven't tried extreme couponing in a while.

Jennifer said...

We watched "Extreme Couponing" on Netflix last month, and it was really compelling. Of course, there were way too many people who were basically hoarders (how much toothpaste do you NEED?!), but there were quite a few people who, while they did have massive stockpiles for themselves, were specifically buying things for charity. That was a nice change.