Sunday, February 24

Never again

*I was really tired last night, so I decided to skip blogging and get a few minutes' more sleep. Half a Benadryl and ten hours later, I felt so much better! I think I've just about licked this thing. Of course, Mark only recently got the cold, and is doing nothing but complain...what is it that turns men into four-year-olds when they get sick? I do feel bad, because he has a really busy week this week and can't afford to miss any work...but I don't recall being able to take a day off this week! I mean, I know I'm more able to take it easy because I'm at home, but I was still up at seven every day last week. Which reminds me that tomorrow morning is going to be a real headache...

*The party yesterday morning was kind of a wash. The play place (what are those damn places called, anyway?) was made up entirely of bounce houses, and even though they had preschooler-only ones, Rosina was too scared to go inside--and the one time I tried to go into a larger one with her, I had to get out right away because it had tunnels that set off my claustrophobia. She did eat some pizza and cake, and drank most of a juice box, and didn't cry when the freaky monkey mascot of the place came into the room for a visit. That was how we learned she recognizes monkeys!

*Lovely long nap yesterday afternoon, then Mark made dinner. :)

*Today we did some grocery shopping, then went to the playground at the school down the street. Then everybody else went to sleep! Quiet house to myself...

*...Which I took advantage of by cooking for many hours on end. Another batch of mini-muffins for Rosina (much nicer with the proper tin, even if it did take three batches), tomato sauce (not exactly labor-intensive) and lasagne with the sauce and the pasta I made last weekend. It came out very well, and three dinners' worth of lasagne is in the freezer. The kitchen is clean (reasonably), and I may get to bed a little early tonight!

*I normally watch the Oscars, even when I've only seen one of the nominated movies, but I'm never sure about Seth MacFarlane--Family Guy has been getting progressively more racist, and the constant violence against the female characters just turns me off. Then, in the first five minutes of the broadcast (a monologue, what?), he told one of the most offensive jokes I've ever heard: the one about Django Unchained and Rihanna. The next time that poor woman ends up in the ER (because it will probably happen again, poor thing--I hope she figures her life out, and soon), I hope Seth MacFarlane feels guilty. Domestic violence is NOT a punchline! For my part, I'm not wasting another minute on anything he has created.

To end on a happier note, Shirley Bassey sounded pretty great for her age a few minutes ago...

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Speaking of claustrophobia... just looking at these pictures made my lungs constrict!
http://kotaku.com/5986944/japans-coffin-apartments-are-not-for-claustrophobes