Friday, February 15

Never gonna get it

*Mark was talking about some episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia about an old nightclub, and it made me think of this:








Dude, if any one song could bring back the 1992 election, this would be it! Well, anything from that album, really. I was always mystified by the super super short dresses in the "My Lovin'" video. Were they wearing spankies underneath?

*Lots of work this morning, definitely more than the three hours I could put in today. Rosina woke up at ten and was happy for about two minutes--not even long enough to drink her milk--before the crabby teething monster set in. Half an hour later, I was finally able to convince/con her into having some Tylenol. The same thing happened tonight, really--Mark put her to bed, and she got really shrieky until I gave her more. Ugh, this is really starting to sound like a broken record. Every day I think that the worst has passed, and every day I'm proven wrong. She needs a break!

*Speaking of breaking things, I came in to get Rosina up from her nap to find that the really wonderful book I foolishly put in her crib was in very bad shape--she'd ripped out most of the last half of the pages, and one of the pages was ripped into eight or nine pieces. It's a really beautiful book about the process of making wool into a woven blanket (The Pen that Pa Built), and all of us love it. There are lots of animals and a baby for Rosina to get excited over. Mark tried to make me feel better about it by saying that her ripping it means she really loves it, which is probably true. I just wish the book didn't look like Frankenstein's monster now...

*In post-apocalyptic book news, I just finished reading Pure. I liked it, but I'm not sure what to think about the ick factor. There are some Clive Barker levels of grotesqueness going on here, but it isn't quite so nauseating because it isn't described in such horrible detail. I don't know if I should consider this a failing of the book, or if it's a good thing because I was actually able to get through the book without nightmares.

*Parents still coming tomorrow. House is still a wreck. Mark is planning to get up early to clean, but I just don't trust myself to do so! I can clean the downstairs bathroom and kitchen tonight, and bring the laundry upstairs, and take care of the dining room and upstairs bathroom in the morning. Mark gets to do the living room and vacuuming/sweeping and help me in the dining room. Rosina has a swimming class tomorrow, which complicates things. The possible snow tomorrow afternoon is another complication! We're hoping it doesn't really materialize.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I remember feeling like I "couldn't" like En Vogue because they weren't grunge or whatever, but they really were amazing.

Jennifer said...

I think I let myself like them because of "Free Your Mind"--it had guitars and everything! ;)