Friday, February 1

Whirling dervish


*Eek, look how big my baby is! I think I may have gotten her to jump today, just a tiny bit off the ground. Tonight before Mark put her to bed, she was spinning around in a circle. And she tried meatballs for the first time today--inhaled them, I should say. She is definitely my child...

*Work was actually very productive this morning--even if it did mean compiling statistics manually. Seriously, who would design peer reviewing software without the capability to run reports on the reviewers? I was really hoping this new system would be better than the last, but I've learned three new systems in three years now, and this one is clearly the worst. It is horribly non-intuitive.

*Finally got to the post office--I mailed my monster for the 600 Monsters project (it's probably not going to Newtown, but I trust the organizers will get it to a kid who could use a monster hug) and some gifts for my nieces. Then we went to Costco, where I finally bought the temporal artery thermometer (on sale, no less), along with other supplies and an impulse-purchase 5-pack of eos lip balm. Hey, I use a lot of lip balm, and I like to have a change from Burt's Bees once in a while.

*Still plugging away on the sock. I have about 26 rounds now before I get to decide how to decrease for the ankle. On second thought, I ought to take a look at the foot chart to see how they're decreased there. I think it's a decrease worked into the large cables...

*OMG. If you watch The Lizzie Bennet Diaries (YouTube series), you have probably been buying your nails for the last few weeks, wondering how the Lydia-Wickham situation was going to be handled. Well, now we know. And spoilers aside, I think it works with the gestalt of the show--new media, fourth-wall breaking... If you haven't been watching, there'd be a lot of catching up to do (84 episodes, plus like, 24 of Lydia's, and Maria Lu--and I just noticed that Gigi has a new channel), but I promise it's worth it! Plus it's not like the Interwebs are going anywhere...

 

No comments: