Thursday, February 7

Moisturize me!

...And now a Doctor Who reference!  I'm on a roll here.

*Uneventful trip (i.e., one that lasted under 15 minutes) to Time Warner to exchange our 11-year-old modem for one that reliably works for more than an hour at a time.    I should thank said former modem for letting me sleep in this morning, though it also meant I had to cram in my work during Rosina's nap.

*Amused by Rosina's exploration of the new furniture.  She had fun closing her favorite baby doll inside the cabinets.  Live it up, kid--there'll be child locks on those cabinets by Sunday night.

*I had purchased a Groupon for a pedicure from a small spa, but they discontinued the nail services, so I thought I'd have a facial instead.  How my custom-tailored facial ended up being a "hydrating" one, with exactly four extractions, I will never know.  Seriously, I see my face in the mirror every day.  Hydration is not normally one of my skin's needs--and extractions totally ARE. Hopefully I will not end up with serious zits by the weekend.  I have been considering chemical peels to get rid of some sun damage.  Am I insane for this?  Should I just buy some skin-lightener and slap it on my forehead and nose every night?  Peels are not cheap.  Maybe for my fortieth birthday (some years away, happily).

*Started the monster for Rosina tonight.  The pattern is really a breeze, so I should be done pretty quickly.

*Everybody else in the house has been in bed since I got home an hour ago.  I am about to take an uninterrupted shower!  I'll need it to slough off all that moisturizer...


No comments: