*Stayed up too late, that is. Reading the second book in the Pure trilogy, which came out in 2013 already. Two months into the new year! Daylight Saving Time starts any day now, doesn't it?
*Tried to give Rosina double French braids, but her hair is so straight and soft! It won't stay in unless it's wet. Even the it falls out pretty quickly. It's only just touching her shoulders--and she has a whole lifetime for complicated hair...
*Anticipating an enormous print job tomorrow morning. I am actually able to print remotely with no problem. I'll see in my email in the morning whether my manager wants me to pick up the job and stuff the envelopes myself, or if someone else in the office feels like it. I don't mind getting paid to stuff envelopes...
*Rosina is getting pretty decent with a spoon. She did quite well with some m&c at lunch. I just wish she would eat more!
*Speaking of food, I had a great idea for dinner tonight that actually worked: frozen gnocchi that I made last month plus precooked chicken from yesterday, sautéed for a while in cast-iron, add sauce and cheese, pop in oven. I'm still not happy with the way those gnocchi came out--I didn't do a thorough-enough job mashing the potatoes--but this was pretty good!
2 comments:
Sauteed gnocchi is the only way to gnocchi. Since I tried this recipe I'll never go back to boiled again!
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/skillet_gnocchi_with_chard_white_beans.html
(Ignore the 2.5 stars review -- it's driven low by spam comments. Recipe is awesome.)
Ooh, that does look good! I suppose I'd still have to boil them first if they're homemade. Everything tastes better with a little sauteeing...
Post a Comment