*Heard a few hours ago in Harris Teeter, in the cosmetics aisle: Enter Sandman. I've heard Zeppelin sometimes in a different location--but always in the evening.
*My appointment went fine as far as the GI stuff, but it took four tries to take my blood pressure, and then it was super high. I am understandably skittish about having my blood pressure taken, and I suppose that drove it up a bit (and my heart rate was, too), but it was scary high. Then I had to wait a while for the PA, which made me more anxious. At the end of the appointment the nurse took it manually twice, and the second time my diastolic was still high. Once I got home I took it again, and it was normal. I will keep an eye on it for the next few weeks, and I'll be scheduling a physical soon, but damn, just when I thought I didn't have to worry about that anymore...
*I went to bed pretty late last night, and after the blood pressure drama, I was totally wiped out this afternoon. I had some work to finish during Rosina's nap, and she woke up after only an hour...so from about three to five this afternoon I was basically half asleep on the couch. I have somehow mastered the art of semi-alertness... Rosina would bring me books, and I would pull her up under the blanket with me to try to get her to back to sleep, but it didn't work. She's in bed now, and hopefully she will sleep late tomorrow.
*Made some pretty good pad Thai from a Pinterest recipe. I wish people wouldn't write such dumbass captions to their pins. This one mentioned that the recipe didn't call for any "weird peppers" (ethnocentric much?) and said that the blogger had lived in Thailand, when she specifically stated that she had been there on vacation. I wonder if people actually look at the links they're pinning before they post them.
*Hint from Heloise: Rosina colors in her high chair, and the ink from the pages was transferring to the tray. I had no problem with the crayon marks, but I just couldn't get the ink off. The other day I tried putting some cooking oil on the tray, and the ink just came right off. Miraculous! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment