Thursday, February 21

Big black boots and an old suitcase

*Heard this on the radio on the way home.  Possibly the quintessential song of the '90s?


Also, this song reminds me of the day of my Jeopardy! appearance, because we took the bus out to the Santa Monica pier after my taping, and I had this song in my head for like, eight hours.  According to Wikipedia, Everclear toured the US in 1998 with Marcy Playground and Fastball.  Throw in a Monica Lewinsky reference and a dancing baby, and O.M.G. we are magically transported to the late '90s, a la Somewhere in Time.

*After yesterday's marathon in the kitchen, today consisted of no cooking.  I accidentally missed taking my Prilosec this morning, and by 2:00 my reflux was in full fury.  I definitely did not want to eat or even think about food at six, so I ended up getting some soup at Panera.  Mark has just informed me that he has not eaten yet.  Dude, there are so many options!  Cold cuts!  Peanut butter!  Multiple options in the freezer!  Just eat already.

*We are not totally 100% yet (and now Mark is getting sick), but we did get to go to Mommy and Me, and we had a good time.  Rosina did not want to wear the plastic mask I embellished, but she did enjoy the Hamentaschen.  Until the other day I was not aware that it was even an option to make them in non-fruit flavors.  Chocolate, yum.

*Tomorrow I will probably be signing up Rosina for preschool in the fall.  We just want to confirm the calendar.  We were also planning on registering her for their camps over the summer, but they are ridiculously expensive, particularly when compared to the preschool.  I'm sure I will find ways to keep her occupied and enriched over the summer--the city has some great programs--but I was hoping to have a few mornings free a week.

*The other thing on my mind:  changing my professional website host.  I've been with WebHostingPad for a number of years, and, well, they totally suck.  Their customer service is a joke.  My page was down for MONTHS because nobody bothered to tell me that the domain renewal didn't go through.  (I hadn't checked my page for a while, since there was sadly nothing to add, and I had to find out through my bellydance teacher, well after the fact.)  I think I am going to go with GoDaddy, because I get a good discount through Costco (plus there's the whole satisfaction guarantee thing), and other people I know have used them without any problems, but I really hate their ads.  I suppose it can't be worse than what I have now.


1 comment:

Cathy said...

Mike does the not-eating thing all the time. It's like, "yes, there was food, but you did not feeeed meeeee!"