Thursday, March 28

Der Mondfleck

*Amazing moon tonight! It was lovely to see on my way home from knitting. I also got to hear the first part of the Verdi Requiem. Hearing the (okay, but not all that fantastic!) mezzo sing the Liber scriptus, I am quite inspired to dust off my score tomorrow. I've coached it, but haven't performed it--and I think it suits me a lot better than it did that soloist... I did sing through Ulrica's Invocation Aria a few times today--exciting to get through those long phrases I never could handle before!

*I am indeed a bit sore today from the massage, but I'll make it! Sweeping the floors certainly did not help my lower back, and cleaning the bathrooms tomorrow won't, either.

*Returned the buttons (and was admonished by the Joann cashier for cutting in line, even though I totally didn't--wth?), then went to Target. New sunglasses for Rosina and me have been acquired! I must be getting old, because all the sunglasses looked very foolish on me. They don't have the $1 sunglasses for kiddos yet, so succumbed to ones that were SIX dollars. I may have some buyers' remorse about them... Among other odds and ends, I also decided to try that Mio stuff; I have been drinking way too many caffeinated things lately, and maybe it will remind me to drink more water!

*Started a new pair of socks today for Mark as an anniversary present. I'm using grey Regia that I got in a swap a few years back, and it's unfortunately a very light fingering; a 72-stitch sock is going to take just a bit longer than a 68-stitch one, but I do only have two weeks! It has a little cable panel, but is otherwise stockinette, so it won't be too terrible (if dull).

*New bra fits great! I should get another soon! In the meantime, I'd like to look up a tutorial on the best way to take in the band on the ones that are too big...

No comments: