*Haircut: standard, but it is nice to have time to myself! I ran to Joann afterwards for buttons and some supplies for my niece's baptism present (with impulse purchases of fat quarters for toddler sundresses and Easter presents for Rosina).
*Two impressive salad dressings two nights in a row from yours truly. Particularly proud of the taco salad dressing with salsa verde. My mother's refrigerator is always filled with gnarly half-empty bottles of dressing, and she is mystified by my dressing-making abilities. I don't understand what the big deal is; once you figure out to use an emulsifier (mustard or sometimes honey, for my taste), it's really easy to customize them for your meal/whim.
*Finished baby sweater #1, picked up again on baby sweater #2. And just in time, because I just found out that another friend of mine is pregnant! Is there something in the water?! I'm excited for her, though. :)
*KIP day today! I used the time to eat a chicken kebab and sew in all the ends on that sweater. It is really cute--I had Rosina try it on, and it's too short but almost fits in the chest, predictably! I do hope they like it. I ended up buying a silver flower button, so I can leave off the rosettes.
*Super nasty day today. By this time in March we've already had a few days over 80 degrees. I certainly cannot handle a 40-degree day. I am pining, pining for spring. At this rate I wonder if we'll even have one this year! Watch in a month it'll be 90 degrees (not uncommon for the end of April--the few weeks before Rosina was born were pretty hot). Is it wrong to want four seasons instead of only two?
*Week to come: bellydancing and Starbucks tomorrow, Panera on Thursday, and my parents will arrive on Saturday afternoon. In the meantime we must clean. I noticed yesterday that the library a block away has really expanded their storytimes: they have five every week just for toddlers, not to mention the ones for babies and preschoolers. They are very highly attended, but I will try to make it to one this week.
*Going to bed early tonight, for real! My headache is not going away, and I have two library books I need to get through that I can't renew. I guess I'll start with the new Flavia de Luce novel, since the Neil DeGrasse Tyson essays have been out for about a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment