Tuesday, March 12

Mostly baby-ish

*Am almost caught up on my work. Things went a little pear-shaped a few weeks ago, and after I finish off some website updates tomorrow morning I'll feel much better about it! It ought to be relatively slow for the next few weeks...so I should probably start planning that November board meeting now. O_o

*It was pretty crappy this morning, so I decided we'd stay home--but it was just gorgeous out when Rosina woke up from her nap, and we went out to play in the driveway (too muddy on the grass). We saw the neighbors' cat, Rufus, which is always a treat for my kitty-obsessed child. The cat himself is less enthusiastic.

*First blacktop booboos! Rosina tripped on some errant pine straw from Mark's ongoing landscaping project, and she has a scrape on one cheekbone, and one index finger was even a tiny bit bloody! Not my fairy child! ;) It's bad enough that she had her first mosquito bite at seven pounds! She was a bit shaken at first, but otherwise fine. Not too bad for her first time in a new pair of sandals. No wonder people like Tevas so much...

*A puke episode, for the usual reason (eyes bigger than mouth). I don't think I will ever get used to it. Don't have it in me. At least this time I had the forethought to prerinse everything.

*Just found out one of my friends who had a second-trimester miscarriage last year is pregnant again, and past the point where the first was lost! I am sending her sticky-baby thoughts. We're not super close, but we do have a decent amount in common, and I was so sad for her last year. I wonder if she will consent to receiving some handknit baby goodness...

No comments: