Wednesday, March 27

Om shanti

*Got back from my massage a bit ago. I will be sore tomorrow, but it was worth it! I even got to take an uninterrupted shower afterwards...

*Cute toddler moment of the day: an actual sentence! "Cookie all gone." (As in, "I see that my snack cup is empty; please remedy this situation.")  Typical that it involves carbs, I suppose...

*Made mini meatloaves (?) for dinner. I was finally able to find the recipe I used a few months ago: I thought it was from Pinterest, but it was actually from an old Whole Foods flyer. Grated sweet potatoes help bulk up the meat. I mixed it up a bit by using mango chutney in addition to the usual ketchup--yum. And when I came home from the massage, I was surprised with a clean kitchen. Much love to my boo, who had already had a very long day. :)

*Went to Hancock Fabrics to buy a skein of Cotton-Ease and a long black skirt for bellydancing (one of my classmates said they had them). Left with bookmarks, buttons (same I bought the other day, but 40% off) and an actual pashmina marked down below five dollars. They did have long skirts, surprisingly, but not in black, and I think they only sell Cotton-Ease online. I have to return the full-price buttons to Joann anyway, so hopefully they have the yarn, and I'll see if they have that pre-elasticized skirt fabric in black. My mother's sewing machine is coming in three days, and the projects are already lining up...

*Almost done with Speaking from Among the Bones--going upstairs now to finish it!

No comments: