Saturday, March 30

Finally the weekend!

*Rosina woke up crying at about 5 A.M., and even though it was his turn, Mark somehow convinced me to take care of her. It was probably just a bad dream or something, but she just would not go back to sleep, even with me holding her. I was kind of going in and out of sleep, and every time I looked down at her, her eyes were wide open and staring... After my second try at putting her back in the crib, she finally settled down. I sat back down to make sure she didn't get upset, and must've fallen asleep there. Mark woke me up at 7:30, and I went back to bed. I woke up at ten, about half an hour before Rosina did. I needed the sleep, but I really hate having to wait to work until the afternoon...

*Mark took the afternoon off because we were initially going to drive up to Maryland today. It worked out well, because he was able to get almost all of the grocery shopping out of the way while Rosina napped and I worked.

*Read a really great and touching blog post about post-baby body image--though it doesn't have to only apply to women who've had children. It is very easy for me to talk the talk, but much harder to walk the walk! I hope to get there someday.

*So Rosina did have a bit of an off day after her less-than-restful night, and alternated between being really sweet and loving--pointing at stars, drive-by kisses--and acting totally crazy--pitching a fit over diaper changes, breaking my new sunglasses! (The latter was probably not entirely her fault, since they were hard to open; I ended up returning them and buying a pair of "value" sunglasses that were $9 cheaper and probably cuter on me. Okay, officially old.). I am hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

*We are mostly ready for my parents' visit--just a little straightening and some spot-mopping and vacuuming, and we can relax.

No comments: