*Rosina blew away her audiology exam like a BOSS. They want to do another exam next year because I thought my father's hearing loss was partially hereditary, but I talked to him tonight, and he's not so sure about that. Next time I talk to my grandmother I will ask her more about my great-grandfather's hearing problems; if the evidence points more to it just being a coincidence (loud jobs tend to run in the family!), maybe she won't have to go back at all!
*So many asshole drivers on the road today, everywhere I went. What the HELL. Try not tailgating at 80 miles an hour, you bastard!
*Finished the body of baby sweater #1. In the lights at Panera the purple looked really purple, and made the light blue look more like periwinkle. I'll probably add the rosettes anyway, just in case, but it should be okay unless they're really ridiculous about gender-normative colors on babies--in which case, screw them, they can donate the sweater to charity so somebody who actually likes it can have it.
*We finished the last of that fabulous lasagne for dinner tonight. It may be time to restock the freezer. Granted, it is currently full of soda bread and pie and brown rice. Mark needs to make some barbecue with the blade roast in there--it is taking up way too much space!
*Product reviews! Because what's the use of a shampoo museum if nobody gets to see it?
Carmex Healing Lotion: OMG it smells like Carmex. If it were cheaper I would use it as a body lotion, all the time. It also does a rather good job on my hands, though it doesn't create as much of a barrier as Aveeno does. I do prefer to buy body products without a petroleum base, but all-natural hand creams and salves (see below) tend to wipe off too easily. When Rosina was in the hospital, we had to wash and sanitize our hands with some pretty harsh stuff, multiple times a day. I asked my RN mother to buy me whatever kind of lotion she used when she was in daily patient care, and she bought Aveeno. My hands wouldn't be so scaly right now if I were more religious about using it.
Burt's Bees Miracle Salve: Mark got me this for Valentine's Day. It works very well on my hands and feet (I don't think it would work well on my hair!), though as mentioned above, it does wipe off somewhat quickly. I like to use it at night, so that's less of an issue. It has a unique scent that I can't place--beeswax plus something else--and it might not appeal to everyone, though I think it's intended to be unisex.
No comments:
Post a Comment