As a word of warning, the only salient points of my day today revolved around eating and sleeping, so here goes:
*Stayed up waaay too late last night, and when Mark woke me up at ten, I was none too happy about it. Because we had errands to run, my breakfast was Sample #1 from the four creepy-flavored Kroger low-carb yogurts I got last night. (Cinnamon Bun: weird but palatable.) I did get to take a nap this afternoon, but I kept having that disturbing dream (which Mark tells me is not a dream, but a particularity of a certain level of sleep) where I felt awake, but couldn't move my arms. This is one of my big fears, and it does not make for a restful nap. Hopefully tonight will be uneventful.
*After taking Rosina to a playground and picking up Mark's car from an oil change, we went to a new restaurant, The Finsky: their gimmick is large breaded cutlet sandwiches that come with fries and a drink, all for $5. The sandwiches were huge, and I suppose they were good, but our order somehow got mixed up with another table, and we both got the wrong food. I ordered beef with horseradish, and I got beef with some weird sweet-and-sour sauce and onions. We didn't want to send it back, because the food was okay, plus there weren't a lot of people in the place (it did get busier before we left) and I already feel bad about throwing perfectly good food away, so we ate it. I think we'll go back again--and next time I will make sure I get the right order!
*Elizabeth update: she was doing just fine this afternoon, and was supposed to have come home today. It's too late to call now, but I will check in tomorrow.
*Quite proud of tonight's dinner: salmon with a dash of ginger and cumin (actually fully cooked, unlike when Mark makes it!) on a bed of sweet potato grits (freezer leftovers) with a huge serving of green beans with ginger, cumin, garlic and a splash of sesame oil. (Oh, sesame oil, why did I never buy you before January?) It was a happy change from lunch and last night's dinner; my blood is flowing freely again!
*In the last two years, there has been an explosion of frozen yogurt places locally. Mark has said on more than one occasion that I should start a froyo blog. It wouldn't be too exciting, since most of it would be comparing places negatively to Menchies, which is a chain, but they do a good job and the prices are reasonable. Tonight we went to a newer place we'd never been, CitizenYogurt. They are totally local, and try to be "green" and involved in the community--two things I like just on principle. Also, the yogurt was good--chocolate hazelnut, what?--and Mark said it was only 45 cents an ounce (definitely one of the cheapest in town). We will definitely be back. It's hard to say how a mainly seasonal business is doing when it's off-season, but I really hope they make it to summer, because we enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment