*Still recuperating from the Asheville trip! Rosina didn't nap much at all on Friday, and we didn't get home until ten in Saturday, so I didn't get a chance to post.
*Asheville highlights: Comfortable hotel (Springhill Suites), Carrabba's delivery to the hotel (including the bread!), yummy lunch Saturday at Chai Pani (Rosina ate almost an entire pappadum!), hearing Tori Amos on the radio on an indie-ish station (reminding me how cool that moment is in "Caught A Lite Sneeze" when she swivels from the harpsichord to the piano).
*Since I knew we'd be in the car for eight hours, I decided to bring my Cookie A sock. Thanks to some dropped stitches, I only got ten rounds done on the way there! All told, though, I've only got about 20 rounds left now before I can switch to stockinette.
*I also took a big leap: I bought enough roving to spin a sweater-quantity of yarn! In my size, even! It was surprisingly cheap at this super-crunchy craft supply store in Asheville, and the owner (?) actually warned me about it, saying that it was intended for needle-felting (hopefully I won't offend anyone for hating on those awful needle-felted bucket hats I've been seeing places, presumably for the Chico's crowd), and that it wouldn't make a smooth yarn. I know I'm just a newbie spinner, but it really doesn't seem like it's too fuzzy or not carded rigorously enough... I don't necessarily think she was trying to upsell me, either. I guess when I start it (not particularly soon), if I decide the wool is too unruly, I could always buy/borrow a carder, right? It feels pretty soft to me. Also, it is an awesome winey magenta color.
*Today: playground (poor R. tripped and hit her little nose!), lunch at Neomonde, groceries, Irish soda bread made in a cast-iron skillet (so good--but jeez, that was a lot of butter), spaghetti and meatballs, failed attempt at turning in early!
No comments:
Post a Comment